Our Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Capsule Wardrobe
It’s time to clear your closet and get your shopping list ready – the annual Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts for cardholders next week! Featuring the latest looks for fall, you can preview the sale items online right now and create a wish list in preparation for purchase when the sale goes live, which depends on your Nordstrom Rewards level. The Icon members start madly shopping on July 11th, Ambassador level goes live July 12th, Influencers and Members shop the 13th, and the sale is open to the public on July 17th. It’s the best time to shop for all the latest fall looks until the prices go back up on August 7. If you don’t have a Nordstrom credit card, it’s worth signing up, not only to get early access to this awesome sale, but they also have a terrific rewards program where you get money back on what you buy to apply to future Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack purchases, plus free alterations and special event invitations. It’s a win-win!!
Tips for shopping the NSale:
- Searching through the extensive online preview of sale items can be rather overwhelming… and if, like me, you are being more mindful about what you’re buying for your closet these days, I recommend putting some thought into what you’d like to add to your fall wardrobe. For example, do you need a new pair of jeans? Boots? A jacket? A pink dress? Underwear? Make a list of your high priority items before you start. If you find something on sale that isn’t on your list, ask yourself if you really need it. The more organized you are going in, the less apt you are to buy random “good deals” without a purpose.
- Consider investing in a wow piece or never-go-out-of-style classics, like a tailored coat or a statement handbag . Some of our favorite brands such as Cinq a Sept, Theory, Veronica Beard, AG Jeans, and L’AGENCE put a few select items on sale.
- Think about creating a small capsule wardrobe of to-go pieces for fall like I’ve done here. These pieces can be mixed and paired with ease.
- Definitely stock up on beauty items that you use on a regular basis or buy the ones you’ve been wanting to try. When else do you see luxury beauty and hair products on sale?!
- This is also the perfect time to shop for birthday, hostess and holiday gifts! From jewelry and accessories to beauty and home items, take this opportunity to buy for people on your list.
- Avec Les Filles Tweed Coat (Sale $159.99, After $269) | I’m a huge fan of tweed, and this coat really makes a statement for cooler weather.
- CeCe Cotton Sweater (Sale $71.99, After $109) | The feminine details on this top make it special and perfect for work or weekends.
- L’AGENCE Silk Blouse (Sale $229.99, After $340) | This vibrant color and Hermes-inspired print will look amazing with a suit, skirt or denim.
- Cinq a Sept Mini Dress (Sale $264.99, After $395) | Great with boots and a blazer or sandals and a clutch, this dress will go smoothly from day to evening. If you prefer a longer length style, I also love this dress by Farm Rio on sale for $174.99.
- Paige Bootie (Sale $259.99, After $378) | Western boots are a huge trend, and I love this more subtle, metallic version.
- Cult Gaia Clutch (Sale $246.99, After $328) | These works of art don’t normally go on sale and up level any look. Available in blush pink, citron and this marble blue.
- Kendra Scott Earrings (Sale $64.99, After $98) | Gold hoops with a pearl are the elevated everyday earring.
- AG Mid-Rise Ankle Jeans (Sale $129.99, After $198) | These jeans are a classic and easy to dress up or down.
- Theory Leather Pencil Skirt (Sale $419.99, After $695) | Leather elevates this classic silhouette, which can be paired with professional or more edgy pieces for a variety of looks. For a similar, more affordable option, check out this Nordstrom brand leather skirt at just $199.
- Loeffler Randall Sandals (Sale $249.99, After $350) | I love the bow detail on these dressy, yet comfortable, sandals.
Here are a few ways to style pieces from the capsule.
Note that “early access” to the sale for Nordstrom cardholders only runs through July 16th, then the sale opens up to the general public on July 17th. Some items are available in limited quantities though and will sell out, especially designer pieces. Sometimes they will restock sold out items, however, so check back.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.