Arizona Midday | How to Nail Work-From-Home Style
Working from home may sound like a dream… and this dream has turned into a reality for many of us during the pandemic. However, working from home is not without its challenges. Raise your hand if you found yourself staying makeup-free in your pajamas or sweats all day instead of getting ready like you would do if you were going to work. Yeah, I thought so. Did you also notice that you weren’t quite as productive? Or found yourself scrambling to get ready for a last-minute zoom call? We are so feeling you. This said, work-from-home style can be comfortable and pulled together at the same time. On Arizona Midday, I show how to ditch the robe and strike a happy balance between comfy and chic, while dressing professionally from the waist up and being zoom-call-ready.
Four Looks to Nail Work-At-Home Style in Comfort
Look 1 | Blazer + Basic Tee + Leggings
A plain tee with black exercise leggings is our uniform right now. Throw on a cute blazer and add a few brooches before you hop on your next video call, and no one will know the difference. I keep a jacket at-the-ready all day.
Look 1 Options:
Look 2 | Jersey Dress + Statement Necklace
Jersey and t-shirt dresses are understandably super popular right now, since they’re so versatile and easy to dress up or down. Wear with your sneakers or flats and simply throw on a statement necklace to pull together your look for a Zoom meeting with a client. (Make sure to choose a fabric with some lycra or stretch so the dress keeps its shape. T-shirt dresses that are 100% cotton will lose their shape quickly.)
Look 2 Options:
Look 3 | Bow Blouse + Athleisure Skirt
Since it’s all about waist-up dressing when you’re working from home, your top needs be professional. The bow blouse (formerly known as the secretary blouse in the ’80s) is pretty, flattering and says “I’m serious.” Pair it with a stretchy athleisure or jersey skirt and you’re comfy too. And, no one will ever know, especially when it’s black! Mules complete the look, since they’re easy to slip on and off.
Look 3 Options:
Look 4 | Statement Sleeves + Chandelier Earrings
Statement sleeves are an easy way to elevate your video-call style! Add the fact that the top is in a beautiful color for being on-camera and throw on a pair of face-framing, chandelier earrings, and you’re ready for your moment. There are so many options for this look, from designer to affordable.
Look 4 Options:
More Tips to be Zoom Call Ready!
- Solid colors show better on screen and are more flattering. Prints tend to be busy and distracting.
- Dark colors look more professional. For example, if you wear black exercise leggings and stand up to grab something while on with your boss or client, they probably won’t notice, but they will if it’s a bold print.
- Keep a scarf, statement necklace and/or earrings at the ready to dress up any top (even a tank or workout tee!). Accessories like these provide quick polish to your look and you’ll instantly look more professional.
- Fix your hair and apply light makeup before you start working. This way, you’ll be ready for any last-minute calls and be more productive!
- From home office to Zoom happy hour, add jewelry or a jeweled headband and you’re ready for virtual drinks!
Want more related stories?
One response to “Arizona Midday | How to Nail Work-From-Home Style”
Leave a Reply
Mom Muse | Teresa Strasser
These Little Red Dresses Have Our Heart
Ask Our Style Techs | Have No Fear of Sheer
Nail a Healthy Glow in the New Year
Lust. Luxe. Less. | Floral Flats
Angela’s Lab | Out and About
Angela’s Lab | Holiday Traditions
Angela’s Lab | Beauty Arsenal Update
Celeb Style Crush | Reese Witherspoon
Ask MSL |Am I Too Old for Overalls?
[…] good and fancy embellishments make sweats dressy that you can be on point while on camera or off. (More WFH style tips!) Top & Leggings, Johnny Was […]