Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Like a Pro
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – aka the Super Bowl of shopping – starts for cardholders this week! Featuring the latest looks for fall, you can preview the sale items online right now and create a wish list of favorites in preparation for purchase when the sale goes live, which depends on your Nordstrom Rewards level. The Icon members start madly shopping on July 12th, Ambassador level goes live July 14th, Influencers shop the 16th, and the sale is open to the public on July 28th. It’s the best time to shop for all the latest fall looks until the prices go back up on August 9. And, if you don’t have a Nordstrom credit card, it’s worth signing up, not only to get early access to this awesome sale, but they also have a terrific rewards program where you get money back on what you buy to apply to future Nordstrom purchases. It’s a win-win!!
Pro tips for shopping the NSale:
- Before you run madly off to the online preview and dig into the rather overwhelming collection of sale items… if, like me, you are being more mindful about what you’re buying for your closet these days, I recommend putting some thought into what you’d like to add to your fall wardrobe. For example, do you need a new pair of jeans? Boots? A jacket? A pink dress? Underwear? Make a list of your high priority items before you start. If you find something on sale that isn’t on your list, ask yourself if you really need it. The more organized you are going in, the less apt you are to buy random “good deals” without a purpose.
- Consider investing in a couple of great classics, like a tailored jacket or an elegant dress. Some of our favorite brands such as Veronica Beard, Cinq a Sept, Theory, Ted Baker London, Rag & Bone, and L’AGENCE put a few select items on sale. Yay!
- Think about creating a small capsule wardrobe of to-go pieces for fall like I’ve done below. These pieces can be mixed and paired with ease.
- Definitely stock up on beauty items that you use on a regular basis or buy the ones you’ve been wanting to try. When else do you see Oribe hair products on sale?!
- This is also a terrific time to shop for holiday gifts! From jewelry and handbags to perfume and makeup palettes to home items, take this opportunity to buy for people on your list.
- L’Agence Boucle Blazer(Sale $397.90, After $595)
- AC/DC Sweatshirt (Sale $49.90, After $87)
- L’Agence Belt-Print Shirt (Sale $183.90, After $275)
- Reiss Split-Sleeve Dress (Sale $199.90, $345)
- Kate Spade Animal Print Scarf (Sale $58.90, After $88)
- BOSS Faux Leather Skirt (Sale $117.90, After $198)
- Fendi Aviator Sunglasses (Sale $257.90, After $430)
- Karl Lagerfeld Boots (Sale $127, After $189)
- AG Ex-Boyfriend Slim Jeans (Sale $149.90, After $225)
- Veronica Beard Sweater (Sale $259.90, After $395)
Here are a few ways to style pieces from the capsule I put together.
Note that “early access” to the sale for Nordstrom cardholders only runs through July 27th, then the sale opens up to the general public on July 28th. Some items are available in limited quantities though and will sell out, especially designer pieces. Sometimes they will restock sold out items, however, so check back.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.