Jump-Start Your Workout Style
by Jen Munoz, Regional Style Contributor – Texas | “New Year, New You.” How many times have we heard this phrase already in connection with opening our pretty new calendar to the first month of 2015? The New Year is traditionally a time when we make resolutions (or set goals as we prefer to say) to lose weight, get in shape, reenergize, or renew our commitment to an already active lifestyle. Whether you are planning to join a gym, try out a new class to mix it up or have a fitness routine that’s already working for you, the right attire and gear can help kick-start the year off right and give you the extra boost of energy you need to keep that momentum going.
In 2015, we’ve vowed at MSL to try new things and that includes our gear… so we’ve been on a mission to love brands beyond the lemon… lulu that is. A few of our favs include Nancy Rose Performance Wear, Lorna Jane, Jiva, Zella and, of course, Colosseum. In fact, our friends at Colosseum sent us a box of amazing products and we have to say – we love all of it! It’s funky, fun and functional.
Here are some new and interesting pieces that made our list of standouts, as well as a few helpful tips for revamping your workout style.
- Embrace color! There are a lot of great colors available and, during the often gray winter months, a splash of color (especially near your face) does wonders to give your skin and mood a little pick-me-up!
- Support is critical for a good workout.
Stability Bra, Colosseum
Seamless Bra, Colosseum
- Who doesn’t love a cute and comfy cropped pant?
- Tanks are a must-have layering piece.
- For all you runners out there, these gloves are great for cold morning runs.
Gloves, The North Face
- Don’t forget to protect your eyes from UV rays all year round!
- Versatility is key. When you’re a mom, versatility becomes more important than ever. You can take those leggings/pants from barre or yoga to the office with a little styling creativity. Throw on funky boots, a sweater and some jewelry and you’re set!
- For the true fashionista, Tory Burch’s new fitbit jewelry is pretty cool.
Bracelet, Tory Burch
- Lastly, a plug for Valentine’s Day, which is just around the corner! How cute are these? Working out by walking, hiking or biking is a great way to spend time together!
Water Bottles, Swell