Angela’s Lab | My Ann Taylor Top 10
Ann Taylor recently asked me to choose my Top 10 pieces from their new Spring 2014 collection and I happily obliged! Their new collection is super on-trend, has a neutral base which allows for easy blending with your existing wardrobe, and ultimately Ann Taylor does a terrific job of creating affordable pieces that work for a multitude of lifestyles and body types.
Here are my favs, which are currently on display at the Scottsdale Fashion Square store if you live in the area. If not, they have an easy-to-navigate website!
(1) Moto Jacket. This moto jacket will become a go-to in your closet as the fabric and cut are excellent, and it pairs as easily with an LBD as it does your favorite denim.
(2) Windowpane Coat. If you don’t have an item in your closet in the windowpane print you are missing out on a major trend. I love this statement coat for a modern ladylike vibe.
(3) Tweed Dress. A classic tweed dress made modern with black accent trim and the oh-so-popular-for-spring side slit. A super-versatile piece — perfect for a wedding or graduation, or just a regular work day.
(4) LBD. How many Little Black Dresses do you have? I have so many I’ve lost count and love them all. You can never have too many variations on this must-own piece. I love this one with the Windowpane Coat.
(5) Perforated Leather Shell. A hip, youthful take on the cutout trend, this perforated leather top will rock with shorts, jeans or a pencil skirt. Just add a sassy bootie.
(6) Windowpane Pants. From work to playdate to dinner with the family, all these pants need is a change of shoes and accessories to work in a variety of ways. And don’t forget, #WindowpaneIsHot.
(7) Sheer-Panel Shirtdress. I love the way you can subtly flash a little shoulder in this dress with a sheer top panel. With its “sexy secretary” vibe, a great choice for special occasions or date night with your man.
(8) Lace Top. How sweet is this? Go girly with a black A-line skirt or style it more edgy with leather leggings. Either works and looks so on-trend.
(9) Trumpet Skirt. The color-blocking of navy and black increases the fun factor of this skirt, as does the flouncy bottom. It will look great with a simple black top or the Ann Taylor Moto Jacket you just bought. #flirty
(10) Sheer Pencil Skirt. Sheer is so here and now! This skirt eases you into the sheer trend without being overly revealing, but still sexy, and so fresh for spring. You could pair it with a pop of color in the form of a top or accessory (hot pink or neon yellow, maybe?) or keep the look monochromatic with black.